Are you having a difficult time staying well this ‘cold season’? It starts to feel as if this season starts earlier and stays longer every year. With Corona-virus skulking through communities and flu creeping into your schools and homes, it is time to really focus on creating a strong immune system. I’ve been seeking pro-active, natural ways to support a strong immune system for myself and my family, and I have discovered a few that have proven good results.
these dried berries can be cooked and used to make juice, jams, chutney etc…
- known as the most commonly used medicinal plant in the world
- Used to treat infections, cold and flu symptoms
- packed with antioxidants, Vitamin C, and fiber
- helps reduce damage that stress does on the body
- reduces inflammation (inflammation increases risk of chronic diseases)
- natural ingredient that can treat PMS, IBS and food poisoning
- natural ingredient
- antioxidant powerhouse
- effective cough suppressant and sleep aid
Honey and Cinnamon together may reduce the risk of heart disease, affect high cholesterol and lower LDL
Apple Cider Vinegar with the ‘mother’
(it is important to dilute ACV in water before drinking)
- immunity boosting
- reduces mucus and sinus congestion
- rich in probiotics that support the gut’s micro-biome
- Eliminates viruses which can make you sick
- When you are tired, your body is more prone to getting sick.
- 7-8 hours of quality sleep a night is ideal- – Non REM sleep repairs, regrows tissues, builds bone and muscle and strengthens the immune system
- Adequate water/hydration has a huge impact on your immune system
- Water supports all your systems to function at optimal levels
- Flushes toxins and makes sure your cells get all the oxygen they need to work
- removes toxins
- adds magnesium (Epsom salt) into the body – mineral that is important to counterbalance the stress you place on your body- reduces severity of panic attacks, stress, anxiety, agitation
- Helps support a good night sleep
In the morning, I take my Goli gummies (ACV) and drink a cinnamon/honey coffee. Sometimes After work, I like to soak in a detox bath and ,end the evening, with a cup of chamomile tea with a pinch of cinnamon and a tsp of raw honey. On the days I am feeling more of my sinuses or a fever knocking on the door, I run over to a grocery store and look for Elderberry shots. The most important part of my day is my sleep. I am a creature of habit, and I look forward to my bedtime every single night.
While being proactive is a more positive outlook- it is also very important to stay away from activities that cause the most damage to the immune system.